What is included in my packages ?
The most chosen package includes :
- Two prenatal visits
- Phone and email support
- On-call from 37 weeks to 42 weeks
- Back up doula
- Birth support
- Professional birth photography
- One hour after birth to help with postpartum comfort and help establish feeding
- A binder with information about pregnancy, birth, and postpartum period
- Two postpartum home visits
And of course I will….
- be available for the questions you have regarding birth & postpartum.
- give you evidence-based information for you to be empowered to make your own decisions and be your own advocate.
- be here to give you and your birth partner emotional and physical support.
- help you have an easier and more comfortable labor, making sure your birth plan goes as close to the way you expected as possible.
- be here for your birth partner as well, so he/she can rest, drink, eat and be reassured during the birth. I love caring for birth partners, they are often forgotten, but really have such a huge role on the birth-day.
My prices begin from $1200, depending on contract and options. Sliding scale available.
What is not included ?
As all doulas, I must stay in my scope of practice which does not include :
- Making decisions for you. I will provide information that may be helpful for you and/or your partner to make informed choices.
• Perform clinical tasks (blood pressure, cervix check, monitoring…).
• Provide medical advice.
• Speak to your medical caregiver on your behalf..
• Predict when you’ll give birth, what your birth outcome will be, or make guarantees your birth plan will be fully realized in how your birth unfolds.
What Is My Role As A Birth Doula ?
I’m here to guide you during your journey to become parents, for the first time, or for the fifth, give you the latest information, the benefits, and the risks. It doesn’t matter what your birth plan is, I’ll be here for you.
There is no exhaustive list on right things to do for pregnancy and newborn’s care; all the books cannot describe how you will feel or how your baby will be, because everyone is different, as is every birth. The most important is how people will make you feel when you’re in labor and new parents, how supported did you feel at those moments. This is what you’ll remember all your life.
You might often hear me saying, “ it depends” because there is actually no answer. I’ll answer as closely as possible, but only hindsight will tell us the true answer for you to questions like:‘How strong is aare contractions? I lost my mucus plug, does that mean I will give birth very soon?’.
Some parents choose to have their babies at home while others feel more comfortable in a hospital. Some parents might choose no meds while others will choose an epidural early. The best gift I receive from my clients is when they use their voice and they feel educated enough to say yes or no whenever they want. It’s your body. You have feelings and intuition which are as much guides to you as evidence-based information.
Your birth will never be about me. My goal is that you remember how awesome your birth partner was and that your birth experience bonds you as a family.
I would love to meet you ! Book a complimentary first meeting by connecting with me here: