What is included in my packages ?
The most chosen package includes :
- up to three prenatal visits
- Phone and email support
- On-call from 37 weeks until birth
- Back up doula
- Birth support, unlimited
- Professional birth photography (Optional)
- A binder with information about pregnancy, birth, and postpartum period
- up to two postpartum home visits
And of course I will….
- be available for the questions you have regarding birth & postpartum.
- give you evidence-based information for you to be empowered to make your own decisions and be your own advocate.
- be here to give you and your birth partner emotional and physical support.
- help you have an easier and more comfortable labor, making sure your birth plan goes as close to the way you expected as possible.
- be here for your birth partner as well, so he/she can rest, drink, eat and be reassured during the birth. I love caring for birth partners, they are often forgotten, but really have such a huge role on the birth-day.
The investment depend on location, contract and options. Sliding scale is available. My services are accessible for any birthing people. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org / 424-362-4387 or by filling the form below, thank you.
What is not included ?
As all doulas, I must stay in my scope of practice which does not include :
- Making decisions for you. I will provide information that may be helpful for you and/or your partner to make informed choices.
• Perform clinical tasks (blood pressure, cervix check, monitoring…).
• Provide medical advices.
• Speak to your medical caregiver on your behalf..
• Predict when you’ll give birth, what your birth outcome will be, or make guarantees your birth plan will be fully realized in how your birth unfolds.
What Is My Role As A Birth Doula ?
I will guide you during your journey to become parents, for the first time, or for the fifth, give you the latest information, the benefits, and the risks. It doesn’t matter what your birth plan is, I’ll never judge you for your choices.
There is no list of right things to do when it comes to pregnancy and newborn’s care; all the books cannot describe how you will feel or how your baby will be, because everyone is different, as is every birth. The most important is how people made you feel when you were in labor ? when you became new parents ? How supported did you feel at those moments ? This is what you’ll remember all your life.
Some parents choose to have their babies at home while others feel more comfortable in a hospital. Some parents might choose no meds while others will choose an epidural early. The best gift I receive from my clients is when they use their voice as they feel educated enough to say yes or no. It’s your body, and, working with me, you’ll be be empowered enough to make non emergency decisions yourself.
Your birth will never be about me. My goal is that you remember how awesome your birth partner was and that your birth experience straighten your family bonds.